Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Collage - Intro

We started discussing our collage project today and it was quite interesting. I will admit that I have mixed feelings about this project, on one hand I feel that I have a better grasp of the programs needed to edit the photos but on the other hand I feel that this project is going to require me to put more meaning into the piece. I have a hard time with the concept of having to infuse meaning into every work of art. Our teacher discussed how collage is a very old art form that reflects the views of the artist. With me I am more drawn to the visual appeal of a piece and not so much to the meaning, in a nut shell if it looks cool to me I like it and it does not go much farther than that. Some of the piece that our teacher showed us were kind of silly looking or even down right ugly. I suppose that as I try to understand their meaning I will better appreciate them for what they are. I feel that I am going to really struggle creating something with meaning instead of just something that I feel looks good. I mean what can I say I really like to have fun in photoshop! Ill post some of my fav and less fav collage examples that our teacher showed us tomorrow.

No comments: