Monday, January 15, 2007

Photoshop practice




As I was working on this project I suddenly noticed that I did not have a pic of myself on this blog and I was pretty sure everyone was wondering what I look like.....so here it is!!!Now I know that everyone is feeling so much better.lol.
Coming up soon we are going to be starting our first photo shop project by doing self portraits, im am really excited about it. We have been learning a lot about photoshop the last few weeks and it will be fun to try and apply it for the first time to a project of our own. The thing that I have noticed about photoshop is that to really become good at it you need to just start playing around with it and see for yourself what each thing does. Our teacher tried showing us a bunch of different techniques but I dont think i remember much. Evey time we start up a new exercise I forget how to do everything and that is a little frustrating. The other day we did some practice work on a image our teacher gave us, it was of a bald man with a tattoo on his head looking up while in a squatting stance. It was amazing what we learned how to do, we took the man and cut him out of the background using different tools and then applied some filters and other effects. We then took a different background and placed him over it but made him more opaque than normal. It looked really cool! The more we work with photoshop the more I am starting to realize that you can really change almost anything you want about a picture and that nothing is final.

No comments: